Questions and answers
1. What does a Truck Driver have to put on his resume?
Trucking companies value the following skills: customer service, communication skills, attention to details and safe driving skills.
2. How long does it take to become a Truck Driver?
If you attend a full-time training program, you will most likely be able to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) for an average of seven weeks.
3. How can I get my CDL A?
You can get CDL Class A approval by taking a series of written exams.
4. What is an over-the road (OTR) Truck Driver?
OTR refers to Drivers who transport materials over long distances, as opposed to local routes. These Drivers are out of the house for a long time, and they usually sleep in their truck.
5. Are there requirements for other qualifications than a CDL license?
No. You must be able to drive safely and undergo a basic medical examination by the Department of Transportation.
6. Is there a minimum age to be a Truck Driver?
You must be at least 21 years old.